- Duration: 1 day
- Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course
- Adapt your personal influencing style to any situation
- Create a positive environment to exert influence by building rapport with stakeholders
- Effectively prepare, plan and conduct a persuasive conversation
- Clarify performance outcomes
- Share goals and experiences
- Discuss your desire to improve skills
- Define what it means 'to influence'
Adopting a Positive Mindset
- Cultivate an optimistic attitude
- Understand OAR / BED model
- Review the Iceberg Model
Building Trusting Relationships
- Understand the value of trusting relationships
- Consider the ‘emotional bank account’
- Develop your rapport building skills
Uncover your Influencing Style
- Understand influencing styles
- Explore the value of adaptability and flexibility to persuasion
Creating a persuasive message
- Use the ‘Outcome, Intention and Consequence’ model to plan to persuade
- Examine what’s important to those we seek to influence
- Carefully prepare and package key messages
Developing your Improvement Plan
- Set actions to implement at work
After: Access the Embed Learning Kit
- This kit assists you in applying techniques at work, ensuring you make the most of this experience
Before the course: Starter Kit
Want to get the most out of this experience? To prepare for your Influencing Skills course, please:
- Reflect on and record a workplace situation where you need to influence others. Be prepared to discuss the following questions:
- What is the influencing situation?
- What outcomes do you want?
- Who is involved?
- Is it easy or challenging?
- What is making it easy or challenging for you?
- Write down your goals and outcomes for the course. What do you hope to get from the course that will assist you to become a more powerful influencer?
If you need help or advice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 768 550.
After the course: Embedding the Learning
Take time to revisit your action plan, written during the course, and your course workbook.
You might want to review some key concepts from the course, and use these tools and complete these activities:
Take your learning into action – your improvement plan
Review the improvement plan you developed during the course.
Re-commit to achieving your improvement goals – enjoy a sense of achievement when you achieve them.
Practice and gather feedback
Focus on building rapport by matching and mirroring physiology, tone and language.
Challenge yourself by practicing different influencing styles.
Review & reflect your influencing performance.
Ask others for feedback on your influencing skills.
Review these websites:
Watch TED Talks. It is a fantastic resource for watching inspiring videos about many of the topics covered in the course. In particular, check out:
Read books on influencing skills such as:
Stephen Covey: "Speed of Trust. The One Thing That Changes Everything" (2008) Simon & Schuster
Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, David Maxfield, Ron McMillan and Al Switzler: "Influencer: The Power to Change Anything" (2007) McGraw-Hill
We would love to hear about your results! Please get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com or share them with us on Linked In or Twitter.
|Influencing Skills||20 April 2021||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Sydney||$700.00|
|Influencing Skills||5 May 2021||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Melbourne||$700.00|
|Influencing Skills||22 June 2021||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Sydney||$700.00|
Not quite the content you’re looking for?
Need a course you can’t find content for on our website? We have quite possibly the largest catalogue of course content in Australia! Let us know what you’re looking for and we will customise something for you.