Helping to put education within your reach
To enrol in a Smart and Skilled course, the process is as follows:
The first thing you should do is to read the MCI Student Handbook and the relevant Course Guide (available on the website). You will, during the enrolment process have to sign a declaration that you have read and understand:
- The structure of the course – the units of competency, start/end dates, assessment methods etc
- The process for applying for Credit Transfer or RPL
- Your rights and responsibilities
- The fees, charges and refunds policy that applies to your course (and any additional requirements)
- The withdrawal procedure
- The complaints and grievances procedure
- Any other specific requirements of your course (Pre-requisites, entry requirements etc)
Due to privacy requirements, you will also be asked to tick a box if you are OK with your employer being advised of your progress and results (if applicable), and also receiving your qualification/Statement of Attainment on your behalf (for distribution to you directly or during a graduation process).
You will need to:
- Complete the general enrolment form
- Complete the Smart and Skilled additional information form
- Provide us with a valid USI (you cannot be enrolled into Smart and Skilled without this)
- Complete an LLN test
- Complete a pre-enrolment interview
Once we have enrolled you in the Smart and Skilled portal, we will issue you with a Notification of Enrolment. This document will have a Student Contribution Fee on it. This fee may or may not be payable to you (this is for you and your employer to decide). Regardless, it is a requirement that you receive this, as it documents the amount of government funding you are receiving.
You will be given access to MCI’s eCampus, which is a Learning Management System (LMS). You may attend face to face training, in which you will participate in learning activities and some assessment tasks, most of your assessment work will have be uploaded to eCampus for marking.
Once all assessments have been submitted and marked as competent, you will receive your qualification/statement of attainment (either directly or via your employer), within 21 days.
Let's chat and explore how we can help you!