To assist with the recovery from the impact of COVID-19, the Australian Government is providing support to all employers who engage a new Australian Apprentice.
The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencement program is available for all organisations not currently receiving JobKeeper, irrespective of size or industry.
Current and/or new employees are enrolled in a Certificate III, Certificate IV or a Diploma qualification through a traineeship for the organisation to receive a wage subsidy for that employee.
The organisation, during the time of the traineeship will receive up to $7,000 per quarter or $28,000 in total between October 2020 and the end of September 2021 per employee as long as the employee is still employed and is enrolled into their traineeship. This is irrespective of their role or their tenure with the organisation.
The subsidy cannot be more than 50% of their wage and is paid directly to the organisation in arrears. This means that the first $7,000 will be paid for October, November and December on 1 January 2021.
Note: employees less than 3 months with the organisation and do not have any prior qualifications, receive an additional $4,000 and payroll tax exemption for the 12 months of their traineeship.
- Full time or part time (pro-rata subsidy), irrespective of tenure
- Not on JobKeeper
- Not a Director of the organisation
- Not enrolling in a course that they have already completed or a course similar to something they have completed but at a lower level e.g. completed Certificate IV in Customer Contact in 2003 and now enrolling in Certificate III in Customer Engagement
- The traineeship needs to be relevant to the persons role and they cannot have a prior qualification that is higher than the one that they would be doing the traineeship in i.e. somebody with an MBA cannot do a Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- Employed through the quarter that the subsidy is claimed for
Courses Available with MCI:
MCI can offer the above courses fully online with the guidance of a mentor, or a combination of online and virtual classes for larger cohorts completing the same program.