Unlike submissive and aggressive communication, assertive communication must be learned. It is a foundation on which mutual respect can be built – respect for ourselves and for others. Mastering assertiveness is essential for effective communication.
This course will provide you with personal insight into the ways in which you respond to different people, situations and events. You’ll learn tools and techniques to effectively manage your responses and express your views and plans.
Duration: 1 day
At the end of this program you will be able to:
- Differentiate between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour and communication
- Recognise and manage your behaviour
- Identify when, why and how to respond assertively
- Demonstrate your assertive rights
- Openly express how you feel