- Duration: 90 minutes
- Category: Communication skills
- Platform: Adobe Connect
- Identify and practise assertive verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Apply principles of persuasion and influence to get to a ‘yes’
- Recognise communication styles and adapt for different audiences
- Use an assertive ability to say ‘no’ when necessary
- Assertive v Aggressive
- Communication styles
- The 6 Principles of persuasion
- Prepare and make requests
- Saying “No” Graciously
- DESC Teachnique
- Nonverbal assertiveness
- Maintain work relationships
We recommend that you test your computer prior to attending each session by clicking here
The connection test checks your computer to make sure all system requirements are met. If you pass the first three steps, then you are ready to participate.
As this is a interactive session we recommend using a headset with microphone or choosing a quiet space to work from. The chat functionality will be mainly used during the session.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)|
|Virtual Class - Be Assertive in the Workplace||28 April 2020||12:00 pm - 01:30 pm||Online||$214.50|
Not quite the content you’re looking for?
Need a course you can’t find content for on our website? We have quite possibly the largest catalogue of course content in Australia! Let us know what you’re looking for and we will customise something for you.