- Duration: 1 day
- Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course
- Identify the elements of a difficult situation
- Analyse what works and doesn’t work when dealing with difficult situations
- Describe your reactions to difficult situations and how they shape outcomes
- Use listening, paraphrasing and questioning to ensure you understand the other person’s perspective
- Apply assertive techniques to respond to difficult workplace situations
- Define conflict and identify your style in conflict situation
- Apply a process for resolving workplace conflict
Setting the Context
- Learning outcomes
- Participant objectives
The Nature of Difficult Situations
- What is a difficult situation?
- Downloading your difficult situations
How we react to different situations
- The impact of reactions
- Identifying automatic reactions
- Intention versus impact
Understanding Self and Others
- Recognising similarities and differences
- Difficult people or difficult situations?
- Changing perspectives
- Review activity: Script Writers
Making Connections Consultative communication
- Learning to listen
- Review activity: Making Connections
Responding Assertively to Difficult Situations
- What is assertive behaviour?
- Building your assertiveness
Responding to Criticism
- How we respond to criticism
- Becoming “Un-Insultable”
- What is conflict?
- Conflict response styles
- Resolving conflict
- Addressing unresolved issues
Dealing with Difficult Behaviours
- Challenging behaviours
- Review activity: Create your own adventure
- Planning to apply the knowledge and skills back at work
- References and further reading
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)|
|Conflict Management||2 April 2020||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Sydney||$770.00|
Not quite the content you’re looking for?
Need a course you can’t find content for on our website? We have quite possibly the largest catalogue of course content in Australia! Let us know what you’re looking for and we will customise something for you.