Mastering assertiveness is essential for effective communication.
This course will provide you with personal insight into the ways in which you respond to different people, situations and events. You’ll learn tools and techniques to effectively manage your responses and express your views and plans.
- Duration: 1 day
- Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course
- Differentiate between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour and communication
- Recognise and manage your behaviour
- Identify when, why and how to respond assertively
- Demonstrate your assertive rights
- Openly express how you feel
Setting the Context
- Learning outcomes
- Your personal goals
The importance of being assertive
- Interpersonal interactions
- Why assertiveness?
How we react to different situations
- Reacting versus responding
- Transactional analysis
- Assertive rights
- Barriers to assertiveness
- The social context
Assertiveness at work
- The work context
- Assertive communication
- Language of assertiveness
- Voice of assertiveness
Your assertive rights
- Saying no respectfully
- Making effective requests
- Key take aways and actions to implement
Not quite the content you’re looking for?
Need a course you can’t find content for on our website? We have quite possibly the largest catalogue of course content in Australia! Let us know what you’re looking for and we will customise something for you.