Successful project management involves having a clear vision and practical tools to assist through all stages of the project life cycle.
Based on world renowned project management concepts and principles, this fundamentals course develops your project skills and knowledge and provides the tools and guidelines necessary for you to plan and manage projects, supporting team members through the change process.
- Duration: 2 days
- Identify useful tools for determining a project scope and deliverables
- Develop a risk management plan
- Identify a clear schedule and specific project budget from a ‘Work Breakdown Structure’
- Outline the major features of Microsoft Project in project planning
- Develop a project communications plan to effectively communicating change
- Use tools to track a project, and create strategies to monitor deliverables
- Use project templates to support your project management practices
- Identify your personal project management style and explore strengths and areas to improve
- Determine strategies to create a positive project team environment and empower individual contributors
An Overview of Project Management
- An introduction to project management
- Defining a project
- What is project management?
The Lifecycle of a Project
- The 9 functions of project management
- The project lifecycle: 4 stages of project management
- The pillars of influence
- The project initiation phase
- Identify your client and stakeholders
- Determine the project objectives
- Define the scope and deliverables
- Determine the priorities and constraints to your project
- Identify and assess your risks
- Clarify major roles and responsibilities
- Review previous project documentation
- The project management charter
- The impact of change on performance
- Understanding the change response
- Responding to new ideas
- Being a change manager
The Role of a Project Manager
- Traits of a great project manager
- What type of project manager are you?
- Creating a positive team environment
- Encouraging accountability
- Create the work breakdown structure
- Define your project schedule
- Determine the specific budget
- Using Microsoft Project as a planning tool
- Determine your change control process
- Identifying your project team
- Refine the risk management plan
- Finalising your project plan
- Getting the job done
- Monitoring task status
- Project status report
- Monitoring your change control process
- Update issues log
- Update risk management plan
Closing the Project
- Verify client acceptance
- Project team review
- Completing project close report
- Archiving documents
- The 7 keys to project success
Focusing on Your Project
- Developing your project charter
- Developing your project plan
- Project charter
- Project plan
- Project status report
- Change request form
- Change request log
- Planning to put new knowledge and skills into effect
Before the course
Want to get the most out of this experience? To prepare for your Project Management course, please:
Complete the Project Management Terminology Quiz.
If you are currently working on a work-related project, bring it along with you to the course. Working on a "live" project during the course will greatly heighten the relevance of your learning experience.
If you need help or advice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 765 550.
2 weeks after the course
Take time to revisit your action plan, written during the course, and your course workbook.
You might want to review some key concepts from the course, and complete these activities:
Review the 9 steps to project management. Create a visual reminder to pin to your workstation.
Review the project plan that you prepared in the course. Discuss it with your manager and continue the process.
Identify an area/process you would like to change in your workplace – something you feel will positively impact its performance. Complete the initiation phase for your idea and present it to your manager.
If you need help or advice, email us at email@example.com or call 1300 768 550.
4 weeks after the course
These activities can assist you in enhancing your project management skills:
Complete the project manager questionnaire to identify the areas you have improved and any work still to do. Devise a development plan with your manager.
Read and complete the strategies for accountability document. Commit to the strategies that you will use and create a plan for implementing them.
We would love to hear about your results! Please get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or share them with us on Linked In or Twitter.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)|
|Project Management Fundamentals||15 and 16 October 2019||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Sydney||$1,485.00|
|Project Management Fundamentals||22 and 23 October 2019||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Melbourne||$1,485.00|
|Project Management Fundamentals||3 and 4 December 2019||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Melbourne||$1,485.00|
|Project Management Fundamentals||17 and 18 December 2019||09:00 am - 04:45 pm||Sydney||$1,485.00|
Not quite the content you’re looking for?
Need a course you can’t find content for on our website? We have quite possibly the largest catalogue of course content in Australia! Let us know what you’re looking for and we will customise something for you.